I am not a parent so I cannot be sure of this…but packing your makeup for a trip seems similar to a parent packing up all the things a child may need. This could quite possibly be an exaggeration, but I am almost certain that parents deciding what toys will keep the child occupied during a drive is similar to me choosing which eyeshadow palette to bring.
I wanted to sit down and right this to help me process what makeup I need to bring and as a form of procrastination. I DO NOT WANT TO PACK. Let it be known, I am going out of town for two days but I don’t know what lipstick mood I will be in on Saturday!!! I am going to Charleston, SC and spending lots of that time outside. So my makeup should be lightweight but my face still needs to be BEAT.
1. Primer. 9 times out of 10 I wear the same ones. My Nivea After Shave Balm and Porefessional by Benefit.
2. Foundation. I know that I need the Lancome Teinte Idole Foundation for coverage and longevity but my NARS All Day Luminous is so lightweight and comfortable to wear.
3. Contour and Highlight. This is a tough one, I know I should just take a palette. I have been really loving the Cover FX Cream Contour Kit. But I don’t think I will want to do a cream contour. I am gonna take it anyway and toss in the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer with the Bobbi Brown Bronzer (just in case I don’t even feel like contouring).
4. Brows. Easy. Colourpop’s Brow Colour.
5. Eyes. I am gonna bring the Morphe 35O Palette and do some good neutral looks. Probably gonna end up throwing in some Colourpop single shadows for some pops of color.
6. Lips. Attempting to list these is a joke. I will take a couple nudes and some nice bright spring/summer shades.
7. Brushes. All of them. Duh. Or at least all of my main brushes. So, a lot of them.
Okay, let me see if I can condense this anymore than I have. Comment below with your travel must haves. Thanks for reading, Until next time!